Update: Tuesday 17th March 2020 - The contents of the following statement are under constant review, please check this page regularly.
I trust you are all standing in faith believing God will deliver us from this current situation. Steve Ball our Regional Leader sent this scripture verse to me which I pass on to you because it is a real encouragement.
"This poor man called and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them." (Psalm 34: 6-7)
In the coming days and weeks I will be communicating with you using email, text, telephone and live streaming as we all support and encourage one another. Please make every effort to maintain contact not just with me at Gateway but with the greater Gateway family particularly the vulnerable and those 70+.
We will be following UK government guidelines and direction from Elim Headquarters but the situation is changing so quickly regular updates will be essential. Currently this is what we will be doing:-
- ALL church gatherings to be suspended for 3-4 weeks leading up to Easter and then reviewed. The following services will be streamed live via You Tube - Word and Prayer every Thursday evening at 7.30pm and the Sunday Services 10.30am (we are looking into the possibility of also streaming at 5.30pm). If you do not know how to set up a link then please let the church office know (01454 322616 option 0) and Phil and his team will be glad to assist.
- I will be leading the meetings from Gateway and encourage you to link in and be part of church in these challenging times.
- This Sunday morning I will also lead a time of communion, so be prepared at home with bread and juice in readiness to join me and share together.
- The church holiday will be postponed until 2021.
- Regarding finances – the church will still incur all the overheads but without the weekly tithes and offerings. If you wish to help ease this scenario you could arrange to tithe by using on-line banking or setting up a standing order. All you need are the church bank details:-
Account Name: Gateway Elim Church
Account Number: 21075020
Sort Code: 40-47-34
Please send an email to David Nicholas via the Contact Page if you use this facility.
- Finally, Life Groups will play an important part in our strategy of pastoral care encouraging and helping with any needs that may arise, if possible.If you are not yet part of a life group, then please contact the church office to be allocated to a group.
- Already one or two people have volunteered to do shopping for those who need support or collect medication or lifts to hospital. If you wish to help in this way please give your names to the church office.
I thank you for your understanding and support on how we intend to function during the coming weeks. It will certainly be a challenge for all of us, but together we will succeed. Please maintain contact, keep in touch with the church office and leadership and I will be in contact again as things change.
As A.W. Tozer said, ""A scared world needs a fearless church."